Super Saturday History
Super Saturday marks the end of the holiday shopping season. As the Christmas holidays approach, Super Saturday aims to provide one day of sales for those who have yet to purchase their Christmas gifts.
Super Saturday is celebrated every year on the Saturday before December 25. Some years, it can fall on December 24th (like in 2016).
Super Saturday Facts & Quotes
- In 2014, shoppers spent a reported $42 billion on Super Saturday.
- Almost 60% of American consumers had not completed half or more of their shopping as of Dec 13, 2015 according to market-research firm NPD.
- After Black Friday had been the top sales day for 4 years in a row, Super Saturday was the biggest sales day in 2014.
- Some stores can bring in as much as 40% of their annual sales during the holiday shopping seasons.
I want my wardrobe to be full of good clothes, so that when I'm deciding what to wear, I don't run out of options. I love shopping! – Virat Kohli, International Cricket player and current captain of the Indian team.
Super Saturday Top Events and Things to Do
- Spread awareness by using the hashtags #SuperSaturday, #LastSaturdayForDeals and #LastMinuteShopping.
- Watch a movie about shopping such as Confessions of a Shopaholic (2012), Clueless (1995), Mall Rats (2005) and Sex and the City (2013).
- Fill your shopping cart with all the things you were thinking of buying at all retail shops. Buy it all and donate it to a charity of your choice to provide Christmas presents to those who don't have any.
- Buy something! Treat yourself to something you have been saving up for. Chances are you can find it at a reduced price on Super Saturday!
- Bring your friends and family to the mall on Super Saturday, but instead of going shopping go see a movie or grab a bite to eat. If you happen to see a deal on something you like, you can always grab it, but you can go to the mall for purposes other than simply shopping!